Before proceeding to the Garmin Nuvi update procedure, you need to meet the system requirements. Thereafter, download the Garmin Express software for both Windows devices and Mac devices as well. After downloading the Garmin Express software, you are required to install it on your system. Now, on the other hand, connect the Garmin Nuvi to the computer. However, if you have the latest map update on your Nuvi device you won’t get lost and find precise locations.
Garmin Nuvi Update Procedure
Follow the below-given instructions carefully, in order to update Garmin Nuvi using the Garmin Express.
- First and foremost, open your Garmin Express application.
- Consequently, tick mark the checkbox corresponding to the “Add a Device” option.
- Subsequently, plug in your Garmin device with your system using the USB cable. Now, connect one end of the USB cable with the Garmin product and another with your computer.
- Once again click on the “Add a Device” option on your screen. Wait until the Garmin Express is searching for your device.
- If you are unable to find the name of your device, click on the “Search Again” option. Then, try to search your device again.
- Next, you need to sync with Garmin Connect and sign in to your account. Press the “Sign In” button and enter the same email address and password that you used at the time of account creation. Once again click on the blue “Sign In” button.
- But, if you have not created your account before, click on the “Create Account” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After this, once you reach the “myGarmin” dashboard, click on the “myMaps” tab.
- As a result, a list of all purchased map updates will appear on your screen.
- Thereafter, from the Recent Map Purchases section, click on the drop-down menu. Now, from the drop-down menu list, select your Garmin Nuvi model from the list.
- Next, click on the “Updates” tab.
- As a result, you will find all available updates including purchased ones.
- Afterwards, click on the “Show Details” option available next to the “Map Updates”.
- Thereafter, click on the “Install” button.
- In the next window, the license agreement page will appear on your screen. It is recommended to read the terms and conditions of the license agreement carefully. If you agree to all the terms and conditions, tick mark the checkbox next to “I Agree” option. Then, click on the “Continue” option in order to continue with the process.
- After that, the map updates will start downloading on your Garmin Express then will transfer to your Nuvi device.
- As a result, Garmin Express will display the current progress of updating the software. Also, it will display the percentage completed, estimated time, remaining and downloading speed of the software.
- Wait until the Garmin update procedure completes. Garmin Express will automatically update on your device successfully.
- Then, after the update procedure gets completed, close the Garmin Express application.
- Finally, you are required to unplug the Nuvi device from your computer.
Hence, this completes the Garmin Update procedure successfully using Garmin Express software.