Garmin is a multinational technology company that offers ultimate navigation products. For using the navigation devices Garmin provides the maps of various regions. Garmin collects this map data from different agencies and then combine them to provide an ultimate experience. At times, due to incorrect reporting, outdates maps, etc. you might get the Reporting Map Errors on your Automative Devices. You might get this map errors in the form of the following error messages.
- Maps showing the wrong location
- Showing the destination on the wrong side of the road
- Getting incorrect speed limit information
- Correct path of the road is missing
- Showing incorrect name and number of the road
- Incorrect Truck restrictions
Irrespective of the reason, it becomes important to resolve the map errors quickly. For this, you have to follow the below-given troubleshooting solutions. These processes are based on the assumption that your device is already registered.
Solution For Resolving Map Errors on Automotive Devices
Solution 1: Update
- First of all, establish a connection between your Garmin device and your system using the USB cable.
- Then, open the Garmin application.
- Add your Garmin device in the Garmin Express.
- After that, Garmin Express will display the “Updates Available” message on the home screen of the application.
- Click the “View Details” option provided under the Updates Available option.
- This will open the list of all the available updates.
- Select the map updates and click the “Install” tab.
- Now, a License Agreement window will appear on your screen. Garmin Express prompts you to agree to the terms and conditions of the update. For this, read the whole document carefully and hit the “Accept” tab.
- In the next window, you will get the instructions that Garmin wants you to fulfill. Hence, look at all the given instructions and make sure you comply with all of them. Then, click the “Continue” button.
- This will start the installation process.
Solution 2: Reinstall
Before you begin with the process, make sure that you have registered your device and added it to the Garmin Express application. After that, follow the below-mentioned procedure.
- Firstly, you have to connect your Garmin Device to the system. For this, you have to use the USB cable that comes with the product.
- After that, open the Garmin Express application by clicking its icon from the desktop.
- From the home page of the application, you have to select your added device.
- In the next window, click “Map Options”. You will get this option only when your maps are updated.
- Then, click the “Reinstall Maps” tab.
- Further, you have to review the License Agreement provided there. Carefully read the whole document and agree to it by clicking the “Accept” tab.
- Next, you get important points that you must consider before starting the process. Click the “Continue” tab to move further with the process.
- By doing so, the installation process will begin.
In case there is not enough space for installation, then you have to select the desired option from “Using the Memory card” or “Choose a region”. After selecting, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 3: Change Maps
In case you want to get the maps of a different region or you want to install the full maps on your device, then you have to follow the process given below. For installing the full maps, make sure that your system has an SD card inserted in it.
- First and foremost, use the USB cable and connect your Garmin device with your system.
- Then, tap the Garmin Express icon from the desktop in order to open the application.
- In the next window, select your Garmin product. If you won’t find your product, then you have to add your device by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, click Map Options> Change Maps.
- After that, you have to agree with the terms and conditions of Garmin. For this, read the document and click the “Accept” button.
- Thereafter, look at the important instructions and click the “Continue” tab.
- Then, you have to select the region of which you want to install the maps. For this, click the inverted triangle and then choose from the drop-down menu.
- After selection click the “Continue” tab.
- This will start installing the maps of the selected region.