Garmin GPS Update is an important task that helps in better and smooth working of your navigation device. For a better experience of moving on the road with up-to-date navigation, you have to follow the process mentioned below. Follow all the steps carefully in order to avoid getting errors.
Note: The Garmin GPS Update process mentioned below is based on the assumption that your product is already registered. But, in case you have not registered your product yet, then follow the product registration procedure first. Then, you can start updating Garmin.
Download and Install Garmin Express
The first step of the process is to download the Garmin Express setup file on your device. You can download the file from the official website of Garmin. After downloading, you have to install the application. For installation, double-click the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Connect Your Device To System
After installing, the next step is to connect your device to your system. For connecting your device to the computer, you have to take your device and the USB cable, that comes with it. Then, add one end of the cable to the Garmin device and the other to the system.
Add Your Device To Garmin Express
Once you are done with connecting your device, the next step is to add your Garmin navigation device to Garmin Express. For adding, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, double-click the installed Garmin Express application. You will get this application on the desktop or the location where you have saved the file.
- In the next window, click the “Add a Device” tab.
- This will begin the search for your device. Make sure your device is successfully connected with your system.
- After that, you will get your Garmin navigation device. Click the “Add Device” tab.
- Then, you will be asked to sign in to your Garmin Connect account. This will help in syncing the data.
For signing in, click the “Sign In” tab. Further, enter your email address and password which is linked with your Garmin Express account.
If you are a new user and don’t have and Garmin account, then, tap the “Create an Account” button and provide the required details.
- In the next window, to shorten your device name and make it easy to remember, you can create a nickname for your Garmin device. After this, select the preferred language for the application and click the “Next” button.
- Further, you can connect to the Wi-Fi network in order to upload data to the Garmin Connect.
Connect your Garmin Express to the network by clicking the “Find Network” tab. After this, follow the on-screen instructions for successfully connecting to the network.
- Thereafter, tap the “Next” tab.
- Now, Garmin wants you to read the Privacy Statement. For accessing the document, click the “View Privacy Statement” option. Then, carefully read the document for avoiding future complications.
- After reading, you have to agree with the terms and conditions of the document. For this, click the “Yes” tab.
- This will begin the setup process. Now, you have to wait as this process takes a few minutes to get completed.
After the completion of the process, you will reach the Garmin Express homepage.
Garmin GPS Update
Once you reach the home page, you will get all the updates that are available. You can now update your Garmin GPS.
For Garmin GPS Update:
- Click the “View Details” tab available with the updates. This will open the list of updates available on your device.
- Look at the whole list and click the “Install” tab, next to the available software update.
- By doing so, you will get a Terms and Conditions window. Carefully read the document and click the “Accept” tab.
- Further, an instruction window will display on your screen. Ensure that you follow all the given instructions. This is required for the successful and error-free installation of your Garmin GPS Update.
- Then, click the “Continue” tab.
- By doing so, the installation process will begin. Check the progress of the update with the help of the progress bar. Wait until the progress gets completed.
- After the successful completion of the process, you can check if the update got successfully installed or not. For checking, click the “Check For Update” tab.
This is how you can successfully update your Garmin software. Now, you can start using the application and enhance your experience.